BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
We are an award-winning Fintech, providing trade finance distribution automation, securitisation service and AI-based credit analytics to major banks, asset managers and credit insurers. Due to our continued growth, we are looking to add a Business Development Manager to our team.
Based in London, the Business Development Manager will contribute to the growth of the business throughout all phases of the sales cycle (first contact with clients, pitching, demo, follow up, negotiation and closing of deals). The successful candidate will be responsible for achieving sales targets through delivering new business sales of our trade finance solutions to Banks, Credit Insurers, and Investment Managers.
We are looking to hire a highly ambitious, extremely driven, and motivated individual with deep experience selling into banks and credit insurers to join our team. We would also welcome applications from experienced professionals with existing experience in the sales, marketing, and distribution of alternative investment products to the UK and global markets.
- Meet assigned annual sales quotas
- Research, identify and generate new business leads from Banks, Credit Insurers, Asset Managers, Trading Desks and Hedge Funds
- Seek out appropriate contact in an organisation and cold call prospective customers
- Understand the needs of prospective customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these through coordination with internal stakeholders
- Have a detailed understanding of how our product capabilities deliver to customer objectives to handle objections and questions from prospective customers
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations and demonstrations of our platform and services, articulately and confidently
- Communicate market needs and development back to the Product team to align product development roadmap
Desired skills and experience
- 3+ years’ experience within a financial services environment selling to Banks and Credit Insurers
- Desirable experience in the alternative investment industry either as an IFA, broker, consultant, or wealth management professional
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing business development activities
- Track record of hitting lead generation and sales targets
- Adaptable telephone and videoconferencing manner to engage different audiences
- Experience mapping out and capturing decision makers’ and influencers’ buying processes and requirements
- Proficient in Salesforce and Pardot
- Experience coordinating with internal stakeholders to support the sales cycle
- Degree educated is essential, Finance or Economics qualifications is desirable